Last-year urology resident with an interest in uro-oncology? Apply now for a fellowship at UZ Gent!
Uro-oncology fellowship UZ Gent
From 1 August 2023 to 31 July 2024.
You will mainly work with Prof. Nicolaas Lumen, Prof. Charles Van Praet & Dr. Camille Berquin.
An average working week consists of the following:
- 2 to 3 days of OR
- 2 days of consultations
You will participate in the on-call system with our residents (1 in 7).
In terms of procedures, the main things that happen are:
- Prostate: robotic radical prostatectomy (classic and retzius-sparing) / robotic simple prostatectomy for BPH / transperineal prostate biopsy
- Bladder: robotic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal Bricker or neobladder
- Kidney: robotic radical or partial nephrectomy / robotic nephroureterectomy / open renal surgery
- Kidney transplantation: robotic kidney (auto)transplantation with consultant Prof. Karel Decaestecker (1-2x/month)
- Multidisciplinary: with mainly gastrointestinal surgery or gynaecology: open exenteration with urinary derivation, endometriosis surgery, ureter reimplantation, ...
UZ Gent has two robot systems (Da Vinci Xi and X), including Xi with dual console and 1 Skills Simulator.
Interested? Any questions? Mail to email@example.com, including your CV.