About the Course
ESRU.be co-organizes a 5-day Advanced Robotic Course every year for last year residents with robotic simulation, dry lab and wet lab sessions. The course is meant for last year resident who have acquired some robotic skills during their training and have a special interest in robotic surgery.
The following requirements need to be fulfilled to participate:
• A document signed by your University supervisor, stating that you are in your last year of residency (from a Belgian university) .
• A letter of recommendation by one of your former or current (onco/robot) supervisors.
• A statement by the person who will be your supervisor after the course, which confirms that you will have access to robotic surgery in the near future (ideally you should be able to take part in at least 9 robotic procedures in the next 3 months). We will ask you to log these procedures.
• A certificate or other proof that you attended at least one practical course in robotic surgery (such as ESRU Starter’s package, ESU/ERUS Hand-on training in Robotic surgery, WRSE24, other).
• A letter of motivation that explains why you apply for this course.
• Successful completion of the online training modules for the Da Vinci X and Xi.
The BLUG committee (http://www.blugonline.be/board.html) will be responsible for the selection process of candidates. We always aim to provide as much places as possible for all applicants that fulfill the requirements.
You will be contacted by the Advanced Robotic Course-responsible for participation in this course. If you are eligible for participation, but you were not contacted, please contact the Advanced Robotic Course-responsible (https://www.esru.be/team) for additional information or registration.